Why 70 Million Americans Suffering From Chronic Sleep: Deprivation | Digitabyte
Why 70 Million Americans Suffering From Chronic Sleep? Sleep Deprivation is a situation when a person has insufficient sleep and he is not able to perform his daily tasks properly. Sleep deprivation disturbs one’s mental and physical health. As the adequate amount of sleep is needed for our body to maintain many activities. It supports to increase the efficiency of work done by a human.. Sleep deprivation can be a chronic disease if ignored for a long time.
Americans have been suffering from a chronic disease named “sleep deprivation”. Nearly 70 Millon people are facing this issue. They accepted that they felt lucky if they sleep for at least 6 hours. The figures show that it is becoming quite difficult for them to sleep after finishing their tasks.
Normally, an adult must sleep for 8 hours but, the survey’s data depicts that every 1 out of 8 workers completes his sleep properly. It means millions of people are doing their jobs without any taking proper rest. However, people generally know that their efficiency to do work is get reduced. They find it difficult to concentrate as a result they consume coffee.
In a Survey, it is observed that sleep deprivation reduces the productivity rate and makes workers less motivated to work hard. Many of them, face memory loss problems. After taking many random interviews, It is noticed, that a major community of Americans is facing the issue of the nightmare. In their dreams, they were completing their assigned task and the deadline was about to finish.
What is sleep deprivation?
Sleep deprivation can be the root cause of various other problems such as heat-related diseases, obesity, and insomnia. Americans can save themselves from these diseases by sleeping on time. It is a simple task but, in today’s generation, it seems difficult. As there are a large number of barriers. Majorly, mobile phones and TVs have taken the space of sleep. Every human uses mobile phones after going to bed for not less than 1 hour daily. Doctors suggest that a human should not be exposed to light after sunset. As harmful radiations emitted from digital gadgets disturb our sleeping hormones. It causes sleep deprivation in humans.
One can save himself from sleep deprivation by following some tips that are mentioned below:
- Every human must follow a routine. Poor time management can affect sleep and performance.
- You should give priority to sleep over watching late-night movies.
- “Go early to bed” is a sentence that we have been listening to from our childhood.
- Reduce the use of electronic gadgets to save our eyes and brain. As rays from Mobile phones, laptops, and TVs Screen modifies the sleeping hormones.
- Doing Exercise for a decent time helps to go to bed. As the body demands rest after working hard Physically.
- Instead of heavy and fatty meals at night, we should take half the amount of food that our stomach demands.
- Avoid consuming alcohol, it harms our Body as well as our mind. It leads to sleep deprivation.