Top Email Marketing Tips You Should Follow
Email marketing is an effective tool, but have you ever imagined how often you have sat and thought about starting an email marketing project?
Sometimes it takes work to know where to start working with new brands.
Hence let’s take some time from our mundane lives to learn about email marketing.
Where to begin with email marketing?
If you are planning email marketing, note down some essential tips to get started
- Keep your emails short and sweet
People get tired of reading long emails, which makes them less appealing. Hence, keep your mail short, which is between 60-200 words.
- People love visuals– People love to browse if pictures are uploaded, so include pictures of your products or services.
- Social proof helps convince the readers- Strive to convince the readers through sharing links or providing information in your emails from the experts in the industry or influencers using the particular brand.
- People need to know where to go next – Emails are usually opened on mobile, so you need to give a clear CTA at the end of each mail about the brand page or the latest content produced on the website.
Email marketing works satisfactorily when you send regular emails. You need more than sending an email once a week; you need to send frequent emails to get a prompt response from the clients. Let’s learn about it in detail below.
Top Email Marketing Tips That Would Help You
Let’s check out compelling email marketing tips to be followed in 2023
1. Use anticipating offers to build email lists
The first and foremost thing for initiating email marketing is to build a solid and healthy email list. Initiate creating a healthy email list through innovative and new campaigns. Try to woo the customers through enthralling offers like gift vouchers, thereby inviting them to share their email addresses with you. Another alternative is to insert games like a lucky draw or spin the wheel to attract the potential audience.
2. Overhaul your email lists periodically.
Unskilled email marketers often make the mistake of emailing their digital newsletters to a maximum number of people to maximize conversations, which destroys IP reputation.
An unknown email will not be opened, affecting the open email rates and resulting in a critical IP reputation.
The only way is to email the selective people who can open your email.
3. Create Optimized Lead Magnets
An effective lead magnet will be the first thing visitors will see when they browse a brand’s website. It makes them read more about the brand, and by clicking through, they can view your eye-catching and enthralling pictures of the brand.
Your lead magnet should grab the attention of the visitors. In other words, it has to be interesting, unique and relevant to your business.
4. Craft a welcome series
Send welcome emails to new subscribers when they sign in, purchase a product or make an account. A welcome series effectively keeps customers engaged after they sign in, especially when they receive emails from companies daily.
5. Keep your emails simple
People receive many emails on a day-to-day basis. Hence it is evident that your email is being lost amidst the crowd of so many emails. Keeping your emails simple and corresponding will be more appealing to the users.
To make correspondence possible, you need to divide your users into different groups based on their actions and behaviour.
6. Personalize your emails through segmentation
Create different segments and capture the behaviour and preferences of the users. After that, use this information and send them personalized emails addressing their needs and issues. Some email segmentation includes
- Analyze customer purchase history
- Dividing by age, sex and location
- Mapping using frequency
- Using surveys and quizzes to understand their interests
- Checking customer behaviour on your app or website.
7. Improve email deliverability
Email deliverability is challenging for marketers as email marketing has existed, and thus the impact is more as email is now a popular marketing tool. Increasing email deliverability comes after segmentation and correspondence, which means you should send emails to inky those who are most likely to open them.
Email deliverability is also affected by other seemingly factors like creativity and content, which means emails which don’t read or look great go to the trash, and that affects future deliverability. Hence it is of utmost importance to choose an email marketing platform or services with reasonable deliverability rates overall.
8. Track the right metrics for your email marketing strategy
Open rates and click rates are the most essential and popular metrics, but there are other metrics too, which are listed below
- IP reputation
- Conversion rate and ROI
- Subscriber health
- Deliverability and delivery rate
9. Tackle subscribers with an intelligent strategy
Compiling an email list is complex, and it is disheartening when unsubscribe rates go up. Making the process easier will better reflect on the brand and the customers’ sentiments. Conversely, allowing uninterested customers to opt out ensures that your email list is substantial.
Email marketing is the most efficient way to promote your online store. The last and final step is to put all the pieces together effectively with creativity.